Have you ever fantasized about getting dressed up as an animal cartoon character such as Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Tony the Tiger, Garfield, The Lion King or Donald Duck? Or painting your body as an Avatar with certain animal or mythical creature like attributes? Then role-playing in character with others? If the answer is yes, you could call yourself a Furry and you are not alone. In one survey, 33% of Furries surveyed online answered that they have a “significant sexual interest in Furry” and another 46% stated they have a “minor sexual interest in Furry”, and the remaining 21% stated they have a “non-sexual interest in Furry”.
Giving human qualities to animals, cartoon, mascot or mythical characters is fast becoming a mainstream lifestyle as Furrydom embraces basic animal behaviors such as snuggling, grooming, petting and playfulness that sometime leads to sex, but not always.
As a Furry, you can role-play by answering the phone howling like a wolf, wear fake teeth, a face mask, decorate your body, wear ears, mittens and a tail or a full Fursuit costume that makes you look and feel like your alter-ego.
As with most aspects of human pleasure, Furries enjoy living out their fantasies in a safe, creative environment with like-minded people.
There are Furry erotic movies, both animated and with people wearing costumes for voyeurs who get aroused watching Furry Sex, but not necessarily participating.
I encourage you to express your own fantasies and explore new desires with someone who shares your passions. But most importantly, learn about new behaviors with a healthy curiosity and without judgement.
Here is a partial listing of some furry conventions and gatherings:
- Anthrocon, the world’s largest furry convention, is held every late June/early July in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Canadian Anthro & Cartooning Expo is held in June in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- ConiFur Northwest is held in October in Tacoma, WA.
- Eurofurence is held in July or August in Europe.
- Feral! is a summer camp for furries which is held every August near Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Furloween is held around Halloween in Orlando, FL.
- FurFright is held in the middle of October in Windsor Locks, CT.
- Further Confusion is held every January near San Jose, CA.
- Midwest Furfest is held at the end of every November near Chicago, IL.
- PawPet MegaPlex is held every March in Orlando, FL.
- Rocket City FurMeet is held at the end of every May in Huntsville, AL.
Source: Anthropomorphic Research Project