If you’re looking to lead a happier, more love filled life in 2015, believing in yourself is an absolute necessity. If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to believe in you and desire being with you?
You may have gone through some rough times in your life making it difficult to be the blissful person you want to be. Maybe you even suffer from a lack of self-confidence because of past conflicts and pains. No matter what you’ve been through, you can choose to overcome these obstacles.
It’s time to be your own Number 1 fan and there’s no better time to start than right now!
Gain more confidence in yourself by facing your fears.
* Fear of failure may have caused you to ignore your dreams, desires or destiny. Don’t let fear stop you from getting what you want and achieving a spectacular life. If Thomas Edison had been afraid of failure, we wouldn’t have the luxury of indoor lighting today. He never gave up trying to find the right way to make a light bulb and he experienced over 10,000 ways of how not to make a light bulb. Just because you don’t reach your goals or dreams the first time, don’t give up. Keep trying until you succeed.
* Fear of being alone may stop you from all kinds of ways for you to pursue your dreams. Realize that you will always have the luxury of entertaining new relationships, new friends and that you’re current friends will always be there. Don’t be afraid to increase your circle of people you know. You will never meet the right people if you are hiding.
* Once you begin facing your fears, you’ll discover that what you feared may not be such a big deal after all. But, you’ll never know until you start.
Self-talk can also determine whether you believe in yourself or not.
* Do you often say negative things like, “I’m an idiot,” or “That was a dumb thing to do,” or “I’m FAT?” How you perceive yourself comes out in what you say. However, what you say to yourself can also change how you see yourself.
* Start speaking positively to yourself, about yourself. When you’re getting ready for the day, while looking in the mirror, point out positive characteristics about yourself and say them out loud. Phrases such as:
* “I am an attractive person.”
* “I am a good parent.”
* “I am a strong person.”
* “I love myself.”
* “I like how I look in these clothes.”
* “I am damn sexy today!”
* Even if you don’t believe it quite yet, say it! Give yourself a break!~ You’ll soon realize these things really are true. You can also post positive quotes where you would see them several times a day to keep your spirits high.
* Insecurity can be a source of disbelief. Learning to be more secure in certain areas of your life will help you believe in yourself more, plus others will begin to believe in you as well.
There may be certain areas in your life that you feel you need to work on, so work on them!
* Are you bad at financial management? Take a class to help you learn how to budget so you can be in control of your money, instead of your money controlling you.
* Are you a slow reader? Take a speed-reading class or get a tutor to help you build speed.
* Do you find it challenging to speak in public? Take a public speaking course or become an intern for an organization where you must speak in public.
* Is your weight stopping you from believing yourself? First of all, remember that today’s society has a skewed view of beauty. Don’t allow the media to determine your worth! However, if your weight is at an unhealthy level, learn how to eat healthy and get regular exercise to take some weight off.
No matter what’s stopping you from believing in yourself, there’s a way to overcome it. You’ll first need to figure out what’s causing your self-doubt. Is it fear, insecurity, mental attitudes, or something else? Only then can you face the obstacle and overcome it.